Board members are nominated by, and voted on by, our current association members and are all active sales reps within a Western U.S. territory. An active board in each region provides our members and retailers with a local contact to share information and concerns with, which helps us create a stronger and more effective association.
WWSRA Board of Directors
Job Description, Qualifications & Exclusions
Board members are elected by majority vote via email proxy as detailed below. WWSRA members interested in running for the WWSRA Board of Directors should review the job description and qualifications below and contact the WWSRA BOD President and the main office with your intentions.
WWSRA Board Member Job DescriptionDetails +
- Provide a communication link between the regional members and other Board Members and Staff
- Acquaint himself/herself with the rules and mechanics of the shows in order to chair committees relating to show conduct
- Be available to help the show staff if requested, at regional shows and during the pre-event stage
- Attend all Board of Director Meetings, his/her regional meeting, and the annual membership meeting
- Act as liaison between WWSRA and On Snow Demo committees and attend the regional On-Snow Demo if requested
- At least three years as a WWSRA member
- Currently a working rep, traveling a territory to sell winter, active and/or active lifestyle sports products
- Majority of income derived from selling winter, active and/or active lifestyle sports products
- Exhibits in one or more WWSRA event(s) each year
- Willing to spend time on association business
- Available at his/her regional show for committee work
Board Member Election ProcessDetails +
- All Board member terms run for 2 years, beginning May 1 following an election and ending April 31. See above for board member term ending dates.
- December 1: Notification of intent to run must be made for the following board term cycle to the WWSRA President, Vice President & Association Director.
- The member must provide a bio along with intent to run to Director at that time.
- The member will then have the opportunity to attend and speak with constituents at all shows, attend and speak to members at all membership meetings.
- The current board member being challenged will be notified and give opportunity to defend their position via bio, show & meeting attendance.
- December 15: WWSRA Director will email territory membership notifying them of election with member bios and voting deadlines
- February 15: Official ballot emailed to territory membership
- March 15: Voting closes
- April 1: Board member vote announced
- IF WWSRA is NOT notified by a member wishing to run by December 1st, an election will NOT be held for that year and the current BOD member will be automatically renewed for another 2 year term.
- Principals are NOT eligible to run for the position of Board Member even if they also have their own sales territory. Principals are defined as an owner, sales manager, or marketing director of a company.