WWSRA Membership InformationSign me up!
View By Laws
View Show Rules
View Code of Ethics
View Certificate of Inc
WWSRA exists to benefit the independent sales rep!
WWSRA only offers membership to individual sales reps who sell winter, outdoor & active lifestyle sports products and live and travel a territory in the western United States.
Membership is not transferable. WWSRA does not offer membership to companies or manufacturers.
WW is essentially a co-op directed by a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of independent reps, such as yourself, who travel the Western U.S. in the winter sports and outdoor products industry. Having a Board of Directors composed of your own working peers ensures that our services are working in the best interest of independent reps.
As members of WWSRA, reps are eligible to participate in any WWSRA sponsored event. Registration information is sent out to members and made available online in September. In addition to producing regional rep shows, WWSRA also offers the following services & benefits to its members, as well as invaluable opportunities for networking and camaraderie. Click on each for more information.
- Reps/Lines Available Services
- Retail Database Services
- Show attendance information (see below)
- Free Legal Advice & Sample Contracts
News and Industry ResourcesThe membership initiation fee is $500 and annual dues are $100. WWSRA is a not-for-profit association, membership dues and show fees are the only source of income available to operate the office and produce the shows. All revenue is applied directly to show costs or reinvested into the association.
Cost of exhibit space is based on the amount of space used. Costs vary among shows, but are generally charged by the square foot (average is about $3 per square foot). Shows are priced at cost, with an additional $0.50 per square foot allocated to overhead costs, including all office operations, advertising, staff salaries, etc. WWSRA trade events are among the least expensive around!
After acceptance into WWSRA, a new member is issued a "member number" to track seniority, which, along with timely contracts and past locations, is generally used in assigning booth space at the trade events. Though member numbers and other factors are generally considered, assignment location decisions can be made at the Director's discretion for the betterment of the show.
If you have any questions about WWSRA shows, membership, or benefits please check out the FAQ page, your question may very well be answered there.
WWSRA Membership Benefits
- Legal Advice
- Sample Contracts
- Sample forms of independent contract agreements (available upon request from the office)
- Free advice from a WWSRA attorney. Your first call is paid for by WWSRA. If you are a WWSRA member in good standing, contact us directly to receive information as to how to initiate your free consultation.
- Free Rep Law Information. Does your state have rep laws? How can rep laws protect you and what do you need to do to make sure you are covered? WWSRA members are entitled to this information for free, as well as periodic updates as these laws change.